Do you spell it “lasagna” or “lasagne?” Either way, a big pan of my gluten free veggie lasagna *might* leave you with leftovers for lunch the next day. If you are lucky!
The “no boil” gluten free lasagna noodles makes this faster to put together. My favorite brand of “no boil” gluten free lasagne noodles is DeBoles. They have wonderful texture and flavor. Every time I have made this for wheat eaters, they couldn’t believe it was gluten free. It is that good!
Since there are several steps to this recipe, feel free to make it a day ahead. You can also make the different components a day ahead then assemble and bake it the day of. Either way will work and it will still turn out fantastic.
- 1 box gluten free lasagna noodles oven-ready (no boil) (I like De Boles brand)
- 9 oz bag of baby spinach chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 16 oz roasted red peppers drained & chopped, or 2 fresh red peppers chopped
- olive oil for coating the pan
- salt & pepper
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 egg
- 24 oz shredded mozzarella divided
- 1 cup shredded parmesan divided
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce divided
Rate this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté spinach in olive oil, salt & pepper until wilted and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté onions, zucchini and garlic in olive oil, salt & pepper until just softened.
- Add the chopped basil and stir until combined and set aside in a separate dish.
- If using fresh peppers, sauté them as well and set aside. When I used jarred peppers, I drain and chop them, then put them back in the same jar.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, egg, salt & pepper, 1 cup mozzarella & 1/2 cup parmesan until well combined. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, pour 1 cup of marinara in the bottom. Lay 3 or 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. The noodles should not touch the sides or each other.
- Begin layering. Spread all of the ricotta mixture in an even layer. Then top with spinach.
- Another layer of noodles. Then add 1 cup marinara. Top with zucchini & onions.
- Next sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Add a final layer of noodles. Top with remainder of marinara and peppers. Sprinkle with mozzarella & parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered. Enjoy!!!