Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna – Layers of tortillas, cream cheese, beans, taco meat, enchilada sauce and cheese. Perfectly creamy, cheesy and has tons of flavor. This is the BEST taco lasagna recipe!
I’m a huge Mexican food fan and especially love tacos. I could eat them every day! That’s why I love to make fun variations like this taco lasagna, taco casserole, navajo tacos, taco pop tarts and crockpot shredded beef tacos.
This slow cooker taco lasagna is the perfect meal for those busy afternoons. Just throw everything in the crock pot during nap time and you’ll have something ready on the table by dinner time! It’s packed with layers of tortillas, cream cheese, beans, taco meat, enchilada sauce and cheese and is absolutely delicious. So easy and tastes amazing. My family ate this crock pot taco lasagna right up!
This taco lasagna recipe is a dish that the whole family will love and is perfect for week nights. My inspiration for this dish was a Mexican lasagna that I’ve been making for years in the oven. I wanted to find a way to make it in the slow cooker, so that I could prep it during nap time and have it nice and hot by dinner time. Making this taco lasagna in the slow cooker was SO easy and it turned out delicious! It’s perfectly creamy, cheesy and has tons of flavor. YUM!
How to make taco lasagna in the crockpot
Step 1: Brown the meat
In a large frying pan, cook the ground beef over medium-heat until browned. Drain grease and stir in salsa and 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: Assemble taco lasagna in crockpot
Add the cream cheese and 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning to a medium-sized bowl. Stir until smooth and then add in the black beans.
Pour 1/3 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place a tortilla on top and spread with 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Then add about 1 cup taco meat and 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Drizzle 1/3 cup enchilada sauce on top and then repeat with 3 layers.
Step 3: Cook lasagna
Cook taco lasagna on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-4 hours, until cheese is nice and bubbly hot. Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and serve with your favorite toppings (check out a few of my favorites below).
Toppings to add:
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Green onions
- Avocado or guacamole
- Black olives
- Pico de gallo
- Green or red bell peppers
- Shredded lettuce
Quick tips for crock pot taco lasagna
- Want an easier clean up? Try using a slow cooker liner before you add all ingredients.
- Use gluten-free or corn tortillas (check the label!) to make gluten-free.
- To lighten up, use ground turkey or shredded chicken vs. ground beef. Can also sub full fat cheeses with reduced fat cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Can use pinto beans instead of black beans if preferred. Could even omit beans all together and use corn as replacement.
- To bake taco lasagna in the oven: Add all ingredients to a 9×13″ baking dish and bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes (until cheese is melted and bubbly).
More Mexican recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
- Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Best Taco Soup Recipe
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas