This Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket is slow-cooked to perfection. The brisket turns out perfectly tender and has tasty carrots and a red wine tomato gravy.
Want beef brisket but don’t have a smoker? This easy red wine brisket is one of my favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker.
Hi all! I know it’s been SO long since I posted a beef recipe! I get in the habit of cooking the same meat over and over!
This Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket is a treat. Is there really anything better than a beef roast from the crockpot? Other wonderful brisket recipes such as BBQ brisket or Mexican brisket are ones to put on the menu too!
What is beef brisket?
- Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal. Brisket is often on menus in barbecue restaurants and can be on the expensive side.
- Note that the brisket used in this recipe is not corned beef (like you’d eat on St. Patrick’s day), it should look like a regular roast that has not been brined.
- Brisket usually has a fat cap on it which keeps it moist during cooking.
- I used the flat cut of brisket but point cut works fine in this recipe too.
How to make brisket in the slow cooker:
- Start by adding oil to a hot pan on the stove-top. Brown the brisket on all sides and add to the slow cooker.
- I like to add the roast to the slow cooker with the fat side up.
- Add cut carrots and onions on top of the roast.
- Sprinkle over salt, pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and minced garlic.
- Pour over tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and red wine, I use 14 hands red blend.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Slice and serve.
Can I use something other than red wine?
Yes! There are plenty of options to use instead of red wine if you can’t have it or don’t like it. Try one of these options instead.
- Beef broth
- Can of french onion soup
- Barbecue sauce
What to serve with red wine brisket?
- Sour Cream and Onion Mashed potatoes
- Steamed white rice
- Dinner salad
- Beer bread
First Published: 09/02/2019
More roast recipes here on the magical slow cooker here:
- Slow Cooker Easy Pot Roast Dinner
- Slow Cooker Amish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Company Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Horseradish Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Beer, Onion, and Ketchup Pot Roast