This no bake fruit tart recipe has a nutty crust, rich creamy filling all topped off with bright sweet berries. It’s also sugar free, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and paleo! It has become one of my favorite healthy desserts to serve at parties or holidays.
I’m usually avoid added sugars in my diet because I find that I’m just too addicted to it, even if it’s natural sweeteners like honey. Plus sugar has so many scary health effects that it’s best to limit it or avoid it all together. You can learn more about how to quit sugar here.
Preparing for events like holidays or parties with a healthy treat that I can indulge in is an important tool for me for avoiding sugar long term. I know that I’ll be temped at gatherings to eat sugar, so I make sure to bring something “indulgent” like this fruit tart that doesn’t have any added sugar and doesn’t trigger me to binge on sweets.
Why I love this recipe:
- This fruit tart has no added sweeteners! It relies on the natural sweetness of the fruit and the richness of the creamy filling and nutty crust.
- This recipe can be made dairy-free or vegan with a simple swap.
- I love that you don’t have to use the oven at all for this recipe! It makes it quick and easy to make a beautiful no bake dessert.
- For the crust, I use nut meal, nut butter and shredded coconut to make a naturally sweet crust without any sugar or sweeteners.
No Bake Fruit Tart Recipe Tips:
- For the filling, I used rich organic whipping cream but you can also use coconut cream as an easy substitute for vegan and paleo options.
- I also used berries like strawberries, blackberries and raspberries for the fruit since berries were in season at the time of making this. However, you can use any fruit you want for the topping.
- I like to use these tart pans because the bottom is removable, which makes it easier to slice and get the full crust out at the end. If you don’t have a tart pan with the removable bottom you can use a regular cake pan, but to help the crust come out evenly I would add an extra tbsp of oil to coat the bottom of the pan (2 tbsp instead of 1) as well as bake the crust instead of leaving it raw.
Here are some other sugar free recipes you might like…
- Flourless Brownies
- Matcha Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Protein Energy Balls
- Keto Chocolate Nut Butter Crepes
How to make this No Bake Fruit Tart Recipe:
Start by combining the ingredients for the crust. It should be a crumbly texture. Oil the bottom of the pan and press it into the bottom of a tart pan or cheesecake pan.
Whip the whipping cream or coconut cream, then place over the crust. If you’ve baked the crust, wait for it to cool before putting the coconut cream over it.
Assemble the berries or whatever fruit you want on top of the cream. Enjoy! Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.