Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes is the ultimate weeknight meal. You have a savory meatloaf with the creamiest and fluffiest mashed potatoes you will ever have.
Whip up meatloaf and mashed potatoes in your Instant Pot for a super easy meal. What I love is I can cook my potatoes and meatloaf all in the same pot so it makes cleanup a breeze.
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
My life is hectic, I have four boys so I am always on the run. I need meals that are simple and don’t make a mess in the kitchen. This recipe is the exact thing my life years for. If you are like me looking for meals to make your family that are loaded with flavor but easy on prepping, then give it a try.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Lazy Lasagna | The name says it all. Get the classic flavors of lasagna but in a lazy form. You dump it all in, cook and serve up an insanely delicious pasta-based meal.
- Instant Pot Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup | Skip dinner out and make the ultimate soup at home that tastes so similar to Olive Garden it could fool your family.
- Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowl | One of my favorites. Loads of beef, rice, and all your favorite taco toppings all in one bowl. Whip this up for a dish the whole family will gobble up.
What Is The Best Meat To Use For Meatloaf
You are more than welcome to use all ground beef, a mix of pork and beef, or even turkey. I find that ground beef is what my family enjoys the most. It creates a juicy and flavorful meatloaf that hits the spot every single time.
Can I Make Meatloaf Without Mashed Potatoes
Of course. If you don’t want to make mashed potatoes or would prefer to skip it, feel free to make just the meatloaf. We just love pairing the two together but you can leave it out if you don’t want mashed potatoes.
How Long Should I Cook Meatloaf In Instant Pot
I cooked my meatloaf for 30 minutes with a quick release. Now, you want to ensure your meatloaf reaches 160 degrees. So if your meat thermometer shows it is not quite there you can cook it for another 5-8 minutes to reach the proper internal temperature.
What Makes Meatloaf Juicy
Having meat with a bit of fat in it will help to give your meatloaf a nice juicy texture. Also making sure to use the right amount of wet and dry ingredients can help to improve the texture.
For a fatty meat, you can drain off the excess fat once it is done cooking, so you don’t have to worry about the grease.
How To Cook Up The Glaze On Top Of Meatloaf
You can use your Instant Pot Duo Crisp lid (air fryer) to give it a quick cook. Or remove the meatloaf and place the glaze on top and then heat it up in the oven to help give it the proper traditional topping as an oven meatloaf!
What To Serve With Meatloaf
- Homemade bread
- Broccoli or other veggies
- Mac and Cheese
- Corn casserole
The sky is the limit when it comes to meatloaf. My pressure cooker meatloaf is incredible and I think you guys will love the flavor of this dish. Watch it become the new family favorite dinner!
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 lbs Ground Beef or Meatloaf blend
- 1 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Slice Bread (ripped into pieces) (white or wheat is fine)
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Chopped Frozen Onions or 1 small onion minced
- 4 TBSP Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 4 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 3-4 Russett Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- Place your potatoes on the bottom of the pot. Lay them as flat as possible to allow for room to place the meatloaf on top. Add in chicken broth. Place trivet on top of the potatoes.
- Spay bundt pan with canola spray.
- Mix all of your meatloaf ingredients together. Fill bundt pan with meatloaf mixture. (if you do not have a bundt pan, you can make one with tin foil or use another suitable pan)
- Cook on manual high pressure for 30 minutes
- While your food is cooking, make the sauce and put it aside.
- Do a quick release. (meatloaf internal temperature should be 160 degrees)
- Carefully remove bundt pan. Carefully pour off any excess grease or moisture from within your bundt pan without disturbing the meatloaf.
- Remove potatoes, drain chicken broth and pour potatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Evenly pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- If using a duo crisp, place bundt pan back into your pot. Close the air fryer lid. Press Air fry, temp will be set for 400 degrees. Air fry for 5 minutes to bake on the sauce.
- If not using a duo crips, place bundt pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or so until the sauce is baked on and bubbly.
- Meatloaf should easily slide out onto a serving plate.
I mash with my hand mixer just to speed the process up so things do not get cold. Mix your milk & butter in with your potatoes. Mix well until creamy and delicious.
Bundt pan that I use
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 817Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 1228mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 57g