Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup is everyone’s favorite soup, especially during Fall or Winter.
The weather has been cold in SoCal and I decided to make a pot of Chicken Noodle Soup, using my Instant Pot, the best kitchen appliance to make the soup.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Creamy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Why Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker is Great for Chicken Noodle Soup?
First of all, it takes only a fraction of time to make Chicken Noodles Soup in an Instant Pot. Instant Pot pressure cooks the whole chicken and the soup in practically 20 minutes.
Secondly, pressure cooker is big enough to put the entire chicken in, hence making the chicken soup so nourishing, hearty and delicious.
Thirdly, the chicken meat practically falls off the bone, making it so easy to remove the bones and skin from the whole chicken. It’s also very easy to shred the chicken meat into bite-sized pieces.
Last but not least, the Saute mode on the Instant Pot completes the cooking of Chicken Noodle Soup as the egg noodles are added and cooked after the pressure cooking, so you won’t have soggy noodles.
How Do You Make Chicken Noodle Soup in an Instant Pot?
Making Chicken Noodle Soup has never been so easy. First, you prepare the carrots, celery, onion and garlic. After that, cook the vegetables in the Instant Pot until softened.
Then add the whole chicken and water in the pot and pressure cook. Remove the whole chicken from the pot and remove the skin and bones from the chicken.
Then, shred the chicken for the soup. Add the egg noodles and chicken meat into the soup, cook for about 5 minutes and it’s done!
More Chicken Soup and Less Noodles
Have you encountered this situation at buffet where you want a bowl of chicken noodle soup and the soup pot has run dry of the soup, with only chicken and noodles. Yes! It’s very frustrating.
Chicken Noodle Soup is more about the chicken soup, and less about the noodles. The noodles are great, but you want A LOT of the yummy chicken soup, and just the right amount of noodles.
My recipe calls for lesser noodles so you get the most out of the chicken soup.
Cooking Tips for the Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- The perfect ratio of egg noodles is extremely important. You don’t want too much noodles in chicken noodle soup.
- DO NOT overcook the egg noodles. Cook until al dente as the noodles will continue to cook being in the steaming hot soup.
- Finish the soup in one meal, if possible. The noodles will soak up the chicken soup, expand and become too soggy. As a result, your soup will become murky and also less liquidy. So, serve the soup as soon as it’s done.
- If you have leftover, I suggest separating the noodles from the soup and freeze them separately. This will ensure that the noodles don’t get soggy.
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is extremely easy to make, quick, with only a few essential ingredients.
It’s utterly delicious, hearty, nourishing and perfect for the entire family. Enjoy!
Serve Chicken Noodle Soup with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
Want a new Instant Pot? Enter to win Instant Pot 6qt Pressure Cooker. Click here or the image below to win!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 129 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
The Ultimate Dinner Rolls
Pasta Recipes – One Pot Pasta
Skillet Corn Bread
Yes, I Want It