When it comes to Instagram-worth breakfasts, the Fried Egg Avocado Toast is number 1! Aside from its Instagram’ability (yes I just invented that word!), it is actually really delicious! I mean, what can be wrong about a slice of sourdough bread topped with creamy mashed avocado and a fried egg?! I served it with a quick heirloom grape tomato salsa and that’s how you make the ultimate breakfast! You’ll thank me later for this one!
Appetizers, Breakfast, Recipes, Snacks
- 2 teaspoons oil + more for frying
- 2 slices sourdough bread, 1 inch thick
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil on a medium flame. Place the slices of bread in the pan and brown on both sides then transfer onto a serving plate. Mash the avocado in a small bowl with a fork and spread onto the slices of bread.
- Add more oil to the pan and heat on a high flame. Once hot, carefully crack one of the eggs into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp on the edges and the yolk is cooked to your desired doneness, repeat with the other egg. Transfer the fried eggs on top of the mashed avocado then top with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes, to taste.
- In a small bowl combine the heirloom grape tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice parsley, salt, and pepper, until fully combined. Serve alongside the avocado toast.