Flavorful vegan carrot ginger soup which is super creamy, smooth, a little spicy, and delicious. The recipe is dairy-free, naturally gluten-free, healthy, and very easy to make.
Fun fact, I didn’t like soups when I was younger. To me, soups were not real food. I treated them like thick beverages, haha. Stupid I know! But now I love soups, especially when they are creamy and comforting. And let me tell you, this carrot ginger soup is super creamy and is bursting with flavor.
It’s perfect for colder months, obviously, but also light enough for spring and summer! You see, there is no excuse not making this delicious cream of carrot soup.
This carrot soup contains wholesome plant-based ingredients. I added ginger for a spicy kick and incredible flavor. There is probably nothing more disappointing than a bland soup, therefore, it’s important to choose flavorful spices. This results in a delicious vegan soup that is healthy at the same time. Perfect, right?
The main ingredients are:
- Carrots – lots of it, 1 kg actually
- Potato – just one, but it makes the soup creamier
- Ginger – very recommended for flavor
- Coconut milk – for the smooth and velvety finish
All ingredients and measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Vegan Carrot Soup?
Below you can see 4 process shots. Making this soup is very easy. All you need is a large pot, an immersion blender (or a regular blender), all ingredients and that’s it.
PHOTO 1: First, chop the carrot and potato and prepare the other ingredients. Now it’s time to cook the soup in a large pot until the veggies are soft. This takes about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the chopped veggies.
PHOTO 2: I used an immersion blender to mix the soup in the pot. You can, however, also mix the soup in a blender. Just make sure to work in batches.
PHOTO 3: Add the coconut milk to the carrot soup and stir with a spoon. It will get creamy and lighter. You can use as little or as much as you want, depending on what you prefer.
PHOTO 4: Taste the soup and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/spices to taste. Then serve and enjoy! You can decorate it with croutons, pumpkin seeds, and fresh herbs.
Carrots contain a lot of beta carotene and antioxidants. They are also loaded with different vitamins, minerals, and fiber. I found this interesting article about the nutrition facts and health benefits of carrots.
Nutrition facts: Carrots are about 10% carbs, consisting of starch, fiber, and simple sugars. They are extremely low in fat and protein.
Vitamins and minerals: Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta carotene. They are also a good source of several B vitamins, as well as vitamin K and potassium.
Other plant compounds: Carrots are a great source of many plant compounds, especially carotenoids, such as beta carotene and lutein.
Health Benefits: Eating carrots is linked to a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease, as well as improved eye health. Additionally, this vegetable may be a valuable component of an effective weight loss diet.
The bottom line: Carrots are the perfect snack — crunchy, full of nutrients, low in calories, and sweet. They’re associated with heart and eye health, improved digestion, and even weight loss.
To read more interesting facts/studies about carrots, check out this great article.
Helpful Tips And Variations
- Use sweet potato instead of white potato to make a sweet potato and carrot soup. I like both variations but prefer white potato because the carrot soup is already sweet enough.
- You can roast the veggies to bring out even more flavor! How to make roasted carrot soup on a sheet pan? Simply, rub the sliced carrots, onion, garlic cloves, and potato with some olive oil. Add the spices and toss to coat. Roast for about 30 minutes (425 degrees F) or until fork-tender and soft enough to blend. Transfer to a blender, add coconut milk, and hot veggie broth and mix until creamy.
- It’s also possible to make the soup in the Instant Pot! Simply sauté the onion, ginger, and garlic in the IP with the oil and all spices. Add the carrots, potato, and vegetable broth. Secure the lid and pressure cook for 6 minutes, then quick release. Pour in the coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender or regular blender.
This Ginger And Carrot Soup Is:
- Vegan (dairy-free)
- Naturally gluten-free
- Easy to make
- Perfect for lunch, dinner, appetizer, side dish
Should you give this vegan carrot soup a try, please leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I would love to see your remakes! 🙂
Make sure to also check out my other delicious vegan soup recipes:
- Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Creamy Pasta Soup
- Vegan White Bean Soup
- The Best Lentil Soup
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
- Vegan Corn Chowder
- Thai Coconut Curry Soup
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Vegan French Onion Soup