This creamy spinach tortellini soup recipe is easy to make, comforting, and delicious. Chicken, carrots, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and a splash of cream make this one tasty soup.
Tortellini in soup is the best.
This creamy chicken spinach tortellini soup is definitely comfort food, but it’s not over-the-top unhealthy or anything. Yes, it has cheese tortellini and cream, but it’s divided amongst 6 portions, so you’re good.
It also has some veggies, so let’s call this a nicely balanced meal. 😉
How to make spinach tortellini soup
- Sauté the onions, carrots, and celery;
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few more minutes;
- Add the flour and cook it for about a minute;
- Add the water, broth, cooked chicken, and seasoning and bring to a boil;
- Add the tortellini and cook for 5 minutes;
- Add the cream and spinach.
Pro tip: I’d say you can leave out the cream or halve the amount if you’re very calorie conscious, but I like the richness it adds.
I can see this soup taking us right through the cooler months. It’s a great soup to make on busy weeknights, and it’s also a handy way to use up leftover chicken.
More chicken soup recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Crockpot Tortellini Soup with Sausage
Will you make this creamy chicken spinach tortellini soup?
Questions? Ask me in the comments below!
More easy tortellini recipes you may like: my sausage tortellini skillet with peppers and my spinach tortellini salad.